What is conservatism?

Hear something amazing on today's Bob Edwards Show? Something or someone to gripe about? Something that moved you? This is the place to discuss today's XM Radio show with other fans!
mentor

What is conservatism?

Post by mentor »

To me, conservatism is the philosophy of doing whatever it takes to keep the rich in control and to enhance their power. Richard Viguerie presented a different view on today's show when he accused the Bush administration of "running to the left". I truly found Richard Viguerie to be a frightening man who wants us to go back to the stone age philosophically. I am confident that he is wrong in his belief that Bush's approval would improve to 50% if he would just walk the walk of the ultra right. I think that segment of the base is tapped out because they are already behind Bush 100%. Bush's support should only get smaller, not bigger. I'm all for Viguerie pulling his support for this administration, even if I do not agree with his reasoning.
mpubrad

Re: What is conservatism?

Post by mpubrad »

mentor wrote:I truly found Richard Viguerie to be a frightening man who wants us to go back to the stone age philosophically.
He does seem more extreme than most conservatives.