Is there...anyone on the air?

Hear something amazing on today's Bob Edwards Show? Something or someone to gripe about? Something that moved you? This is the place to discuss today's XM Radio show with other fans!
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Is there...anyone on the air?

Post by CharlieSummers »

Evening!

I am very gratified that so many of you appreciate the Upcoming Guests and Previous Guests areas of the website (and to those of you who have noted updates have been a little sporatic of late, I apologize), but I can't help but wonder if I am the only one listening to the weekday and weekend shows. While you're here checking out next week's schedule or last week's guests, why not post a note to the board about a recent interview that you enjoyed...or one you didn't. ;)
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info
goreds2

Post by goreds2 »

This is a good site. Thanks.

Tomorrow's show should be really good.

Thursday, December 28:
Bob talks to musician, rehabilitated addict, ex-con and sperm donor David Crosby. His new book is called Since Then: How I Survived EVERYTHING and Lived to Tell About It. Crosby also has a new 3-CD boxed set called "Voyage". It features tracks from his time with The Byrds – the super group Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young – and from
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Post by CharlieSummers »

goreds2 wrote:Tomorrow's show should be really good.
See http://www.bobedwards.info/ftopic176.html - turns out the interview was recorded the day after I posted it. ("I see all...I know all...ok, I get lucky some days...")
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info
Ivy B

Post by Ivy B »

Thanks for the tip about Harry Shearer being on the show on Friday. I enjoyed the whole year end show. Until that broadcast, I didn't realize that Le Show is broadcast on Sundays at 3:00 pm. I used to listen to it at that time on Sirrius, until they dropped their PRI station. I like having the alternative to the 4:00 broadcast on my public radio station.

Don't listen to the Weekend Show because it is not on an over air station near me and I listen to Michael Feldman, On the Media, and Wait Wait. Don't Tell Me on Saturday.
Ivy B
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Post by CharlieSummers »

Ivy B wrote:Until that broadcast, I didn't realize that Le Show is broadcast on Sundays at 3:00 pm.
I have to admit even though I know it's aired on XMPR, I don't listen then...I subscribe to the KCRW podcast, and end up listening sometime mid-week. If I'm really pushed for time, I skip straight to the apologies. ;)
Ivy B wrote:Don't listen to the Weekend Show because it is not on an over air station near me
Me, neither. Fortunately, enough stations running it stream on the Net that I never have a problem listening to verify the running order of the interviews. (To be honest, for the last seven years or better I haven't listened at all to my geographically-local public radio station, listening instead to many stations on the Net. Before 2004, I used to send various stations a few bucks in money orders, especially stations in the Pacific time zone which aired Morning Edition to noon Eastern. Now, of course, the money that used to be funneled to NPR goes to XM...but everyone here knows how I feel about that particular corporation and their screwing around with my mornings... ;)

Oh, before I forget...Happy New Year!
Charlie Summers