Line of the Day - January 10, 2007

Hear something amazing on today's Bob Edwards Show? Something or someone to gripe about? Something that moved you? This is the place to discuss today's XM Radio show with other fans!
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Line of the Day - January 10, 2007

Post by CharlieSummers »

Ok, ok, I first thought about posting a "line of the day," that line in the show that tickles my admittedly-warped sense of humor, last Monday when during the chat with David Broder we heard:
Bob Edwards: So the new Democratic-controlled Congress was sworn in last week, it passed lobbying reform, and then the Democrats held a $1000-a-ticket fundraiser attended by hundreds of lobbiests. So much for a new day in Washington...
...but I restrained. However, this morning I simply could not resist this exchange:
Bob Edwards: So we hear about "tort reform," what is "tort reform," what's that phrase mean?

Stephane Mencimer: It's so meaningless in a lot of ways. But technically a "tort" is a legal injury, so it's anything...being injured in a car crash...it can be being liabled by The Bob Edwards Show for instance...

Bob Edwards: (*sputter*)
Feel free to nominate your picks for "Line of the Day." ;)
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info