Am I the only one who's noticed...

Hear something amazing on today's Bob Edwards Show? Something or someone to gripe about? Something that moved you? This is the place to discuss today's XM Radio show with other fans!
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Am I the only one who's noticed...

Post by CharlieSummers »

...the new theme cut being used for the open? The show is apparently now using the piano-lead cut they generally used for the close, instead of the sax-lead they've been using since the beginning.
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info
RussGifford
Site Admin

New Theme

Post by RussGifford »

I guess you are the only one! I was wondering...
---Russ Gifford
slickteig

Post by slickteig »

I figured it was time I registered and answer any questions I'm able to.

Yes, we dropped the "lost in the early 80's" sax-heavy theme and replaced it with what is normally our credits music. The saxophone has been used SO much in public radio themes and we decided that it sounded very dated. We think that just the piano/bass/drums theme classes things up a bit.

Steve Lickteig
Executive Producer
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Post by CharlieSummers »

slickteig wrote:Yes, we dropped the "lost in the early 80's" sax-heavy theme and replaced it with what is normally our credits music.
If you ever re-record, remember it's a morning show. Some of us need trumpets to wake up...really loud trumpets.

But to be serious, I've wondered if there's a composer credit to the theme?
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info