Lee Abrams

Hear something amazing on today's Bob Edwards Show? Something or someone to gripe about? Something that moved you? This is the place to discuss today's XM Radio show with other fans!
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Lee Abrams

Post by CharlieSummers »

When Orbitcast first announced that Abrams was leaving XM, I thought about suggesting to the show Bob interview him. I never did send that email, because I realized (since proved by the interview that aired this morning) he wouldn't talk about what I really want to know...exactly when XM went "off the rails," following the competition into eliminating niche programming, starting silly one-artist channels, cramping the bandwidth so badly the sound quality of the music channels is barely above AM-levels, and just generally marginalizing Abrams' input to the point he felt he needed to move on.

Maybe Bob can interview him five years from now, once XM is long gone and Mel Karmazin has destroyed what is left of its bones, and we can finally find out what happened to the amazing promise of XM.
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info