Mel Karmazin

Hear something amazing on today's Bob Edwards Show? Something or someone to gripe about? Something that moved you? This is the place to discuss today's XM Radio show with other fans!
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Mel Karmazin

Post by CharlieSummers »

I have to admit I was disappointed in this interview; while I understand why it was impossible for the show to take him on as if he were an Alaskan Senator, the interview was way too heavy on Mel's PR-speak and far too short on serious questions. Examples: instead of asking if terrestrial radio was going to replicate the programming of satellite radio, it would have been a better question to ask why satellite radio has begun to "dumb itself down" to emulate terrestrial radio programming; how the "Best of" packages are going to be added to the opposing services without either cutting existing channels or making the sound quality even worse than it is; softballing the intro without mentioning that Mel is personally responsible for hiring an aging fratboy for a half-billion dollars that began the furious talent-rush mismanagement in both companies that led to the lack of profit, and that XM subscribers are now expected to help pay off; etc., etc.

I'm curious, though, to know what you thought about the interview...
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info