The Kalb Report: Why Murrow Matters

Hear something else on XM Public Radio you want to tell others about? It's <EM>your</EM> public radio station, and here's where you talk about what you like..and what you don't like...airing on XMPR.
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

The Kalb Report: Why Murrow Matters

Post by CharlieSummers »

This coming Monday, March 27th, XMPR will air The Kalb Report: Why Murrow Matters at 9:00 PM EST, 6:00 PM PST (note this requires a one-hour tape delay as the event is live at 8:00 PM EST). From the website:
This forum will offer a unique look at Edward R. Murrow from the people who knew him well and can apply his journalism to challenges facing the profession today. The panel discussion will feature Casey Murrow, Edward R. Murrow?s son, Richard C. Hottelet, a member of the vaunted Murrow Boys of WWII and now a GW Welling Presidential Fellow, Don Hewitt, former Murrow colleague and 60 minutes creator, and Daniel Schorr, former Murrow colleague and now a senior news analyst at NPR. Journalist/scholar Marvin Kalb, the last correspondent personally hired at CBS News by Edward R. Murrow, will moderate the program.
There have been on-air promos for this program on a more regular basis than usual, although bless them the XMPR website is blissfully ignorant of the program...

(Hum...I guess this means I'll have to record it on my XM2Go, since nothing disturbs my watching Fox's 24...)
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info