I am furious...

Hear something else on XM Public Radio you want to tell others about? It's <EM>your</EM> public radio station, and here's where you talk about what you like..and what you don't like...airing on XMPR.
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

I am furious...

Post by CharlieSummers »

Last night, through a sequence of comedic errors on my part, I managed to accidentally hear The Kalb Report on XMPR. I'm angry because it took mistakes to stumble upon the show...what the heck is wrong with XMPR's management that they can't publicize their programming?

Seriously, this is getting to be almost criminal...the channel management may be crippled by the idiotic website XM provides to them (can you imagine how all the channels could benefit from having a fluid, dynamic website not dedicated to nothing more than the use of Flash over substance?), but there's absolutely no excuse not to promote special programming like this during the Edwards Show, Here and Now, and other popular programming in the week or two prior. This is like the line from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when Arthur is told where the planning documents are hidden - "Ever thought of going into advertising?"

It's almost as if the channel management is determined to drive away listeners...
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info
tps

Post by tps »

I imagine it must have been an interesting sequence of errors, because you've said many times that the program that is normally on in that time slot, On Point. is not one of your favorite programs.

For me, I was listening to the tail end of Bob Edwards (I missed the tail end in the morning) and I hadn't yet changed the channel. Quite an interesting discussion, but I don't think I've heard the phrase "We knew he had weapons of mass destruction" so many times, except from Bush. Although almost no one (except for one of Bob's guests, I think it was Eugene Jarecki) has said it, maybe the reason we KNEW he had weapons of mass destruction was because we sold the weapons and/or the technology to him.
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Post by CharlieSummers »

tps wrote:I imagine it must have been an interesting sequence of errors
He, he...it was; an early-morning computer crash, a dead battery in the MyFi, an unplugged Roady2, and a mis-timed recording...
tps wrote:I don't think I've heard the phrase "We knew he had weapons of mass destruction" so many times, except from Bush.
I haven't finished it yet; fortunately it's sitting in the MyFi so I can take it with me on my walk later today and listen to the rest (actually from the beginning...it's all one "song" object).

It just really torques me that if it wouldn't have been for all those screw-ups, I would have had no clue it was on.
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info