Bob Edwards Show Theme Music?

Have a suggestion for a future show? Hear a rumor about the goings-on in The Bob Edwards Show studio? Step up to the microphone and talk about it!
Sine

Bob Edwards Show Theme Music?

Post by Sine »

I must admit; I don't have an XM subscription, nor am I a long-time follower of Bob Edwards. I do listen to NPR though, and yesterday I caught Bob Edwards Weekend on my local station.

I enjoyed the show, but I can't get the theme music out of my head! When I downloaded the podcast later it was a short jazz piece on saxophone, but I could have sworn that I heard a piano version of the same thing when I listened to it on NPR.

So, is the theme just a custom-written track, or is it available somewhere? Can anyone offer some more information about it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Re: Bob Edwards Show Theme Music?

Post by CharlieSummers »

Sine wrote:So, is the theme just a custom-written track, or is it available somewhere? Can anyone offer some more information about it?
I talked to Executive Producer Steve Lickteig, who was kind enough to let me know the song Bob Edwards Show Theme was composed specifically for the program by L.A.-based musician/composer Greg Reitan, with instrumentation played live (no synths). There are various "cuts" used by the show for open, close, and intersticials. And as you've noticed, it's a darned catchy little jazz number.
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Re: Bob Edwards Show Theme Music?

Post by CharlieSummers »

Sine wrote:is it available somewhere?
Thanks to Producer Dan Bloom, and Executive Producer Steve Lickteig, you can listen to it right here:

<table align="center"><tr><td align="center"><script language="JavaScript" src="audio/audio-player.js"></script><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="audio/player.swf" id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290"><param name="movie" value="audio/player.swf"><param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=1&bg=0xffcc00&soundFile=sounds/edwards_theme.mp3"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="menu" value="false"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></object><br><b><font size="-1">Theme to The Bob Edwards Show</font></b></td></tr></table>

Although if while listening you (or anyone else, for that matter) begin to intone into the back of a hairbrush, "Hello, and welcome to The Bob Edwards Show..." you are required to 'fess up. ;)
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of www.bobedwards.info